Terms and Conditions
(some T&C have changed in line with our Due to our COVID SAFETY PLAN)
Please do not attend if you feel unwell or have been in contact with someone who is self isolating.
Booking terms and conditions
- To secure your place in a course or workshop ClayMotion requires full payment at the time of booking, unless you are attending casually.
- Payment can be made online, in store, or over the phone 0438382522
- Payment by cheque is accepted, however must allow 7 days for bank clearance.
- By enrolling in a course you are agreeing the following Terms & Conditions
Refunds, transfer and class absence
- Bookings can be refunded with at least one weeks’ notice. Cancellation refunds will incur a 5% administrative fee.
- Transfers to another class can be organised with one week’s notice.
- Cancellations made with less than one week’s notice will not be refunded, as your booking takes up a space for another student. You may seek a replacement to take your place up until the beginning of the course only.
- Once a course has begun there are no refunds, as your place has taken an enrolment someone else may have occupied.
- Please do not attend if you feel unwell or have been in contact with someone who is self isolating.
If you miss a class you may take a make up class during one of the other offered class times if there is space available, however, if you can’t attend at these allotted times there are no refunds. Due to our COVID SAFETY PLAN class numbers are now limited to six, so if all other classes are full I will record the class so that you can catch up at your own pace.
- Any work that is not completed during the term can be completed the following term, or if not re-enrolling, you may pay for a casual class to finish your work. Unclaimed works will be discarded after a term.
- Due to our COVID SAFETY PLAN class numbers are capped at six. A minimum of four people are required to run courses and one-day workshops. ClayMotion reserves the right to cancel a class if the minimum number of bookings are not reached. You will be notified at least one week prior to the class if cancellation is deemed necessary and a full refund will be provided.
Giving a course or workshop as a gift – gift certificates
- If you are buying a gift certificate for a course or workshop please alert the recipient to these Terms & Conditions.
- If you have purchased a class or workshop as a gift it is your responsibility to ensure the recipient is available for the class you have purchased – as outlined above, classes and workshops are not transferable to another time or date.
- If you enrol in a workshop or course using your gift certificate and (a) don’t turn up OR (b) cancel your enrolment with less than 7 days notice, you forfeit your gift certificate and its 3 year validity as your cancellation leaves a vacancy that could have gone to another person.
- GIFT CERTIFICATES ARE VALID FOR THREE (3) YEARS FROM DATE OF ISSUE AND NO EXCEPTIONS CAN BE MADE*
It is the students responsibility to:
- Provide correct contact details when enrolling so that ClayMotion can provide confirmation and up to date reminders
- Check email folders for confirmation and reminders
- Know the class dates and attend class.
For pottery classes work will take approximately 2-3 weeks to fire after class finishes, students then have up to month to collect their work. Uncollected work is donated to a local charity.
Carers and Aides : ClayMotion strongly believes in inclusion and carers and aides are welcome in a supportive role. If they wish to also participate in the activity they will need to enrol and pay the class fee.
Classes & Workshops (one and two day): Generally class fees are not all inclusive, unless otherwise stated (see the appropriate classes page). Workshops are generally all inclusive of materials, unless otherwise stated (see the appropriate classes page).
Clothing: All course and workshops are hands on, please wear appropriate clothing (that you are prepared to get dirty!), covered shoes are essential. Due to our COVID SAFETY PLAN we no longer supply aprons or towles so please bring your own
Firing of work: We take extreme care with your work but accidents do happen and we are unable to guarantee that all your work will be successfully fired.
Work created: Work will take approximately 2-3 weeks to fire after class finishes, students have up to month to collect their work. Items created during a course or workshop will be kept for one month from the day of notification. If work is not collected within this time it will be disposed of or donated to a local charity to make space for the next term’s courses.
Returning students: Students who are returning to the next term are eligible for a free weekday Studio Access session valued at up to $30. Students must provide proof of enrolment in the class at time of claiming the studio access.
Parking: Free two hour parking is available outside ClayMotion with paid parking available in the Big W and Dan Murphy carparks at the rear of ClayMotion. Time limited spaces regularly patrolled by parking inspectors.
Tutors: ClayMotion tutors have extensive experience in their field and are experienced teachers. Our workshops are designed to cater to a variety of skill levels and most workshops are suitable for beginners to more experienced levels unless otherwise stated in the outline. If you have further questions about our workshops please contact us on 0438382522 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mailing List: Please email us at email@example.com if you would like to be added to the mailing list and receive notifications about upcoming classes.